Day of the Seafarer 2018 – Photo Competition Terms and Conditions
- 1st Prize: GoPro Hero 6 and an iPad
- 2nd Prize: iPad
- Highly commended entries will receive a digital photo frame
1.1 By entering the Competition You hereby accept these Competition Rules and the Terms and Conditions.
1.2.1 The Competition is free to enter.
1.2.2 You must be aged 18 or above to enter the competition.
1.2.3 The Competition is open to all members of the public, but not professional photographers.
1.2.4 The Competition is not open to International Maritime Organization (IMO) or International Seafarers’ Welfare and Assistance Network (ISWAN) staff members or their immediate family members.
1.3 Entries must be submitted by (12pm on July 31st 2018).
2.1 To enter, you must upload your image via the International Maritime Organization website (dayoftheseafarerphotowall.imo.org) and follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
2.2 Images must be taken within the years 2017-2018 and entries should be based on the categories outlined, information on which can be found on the website.
2.3 Images should be no smaller than 1.5MB and no larger than 15MB. Images should preferably be JPEG files, although PNG files are acceptable.. All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image suitable for printing in exhibitions should the image be required.
3.1 Entries will be judged between Tuesday 31st of July – Tuesday 14th August. Winners will be contacted in the fourth quarter of 2018. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
3.2 The winner of the Day of the Seafarer Photography Competition 2018, will be voted for by a panel of four judges. The winners, will be notified by email.
3.3 Each entrant can submit up to three images. Judging will be based on the single image and not the series of images.
4.1 By entering this competition, You warrant and represent, in respect of each entry submitted by You (“Entry”), as follows:
4.1.1 You are the sole owner and author of each Entry.
4.1.2 You have the right to make Your entry available to the Competition.
4.1.3 Each Entry does not contain personally identifiable information about You or any other person(s)
4.1.4 Each Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
4.1.5 Each Entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
4.1.6 Each Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and Your Entry does not include:
18.104.22.168 Trademarks owned by third parties.
22.214.171.124 Copyrighted materials owned by third parties.
126.96.36.199 Names, likenesses, voices or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead.
4.1.7 Entries which contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service.4.1.9 No animals were harmed or manipulated in the making of the image.
4.2 You agree to fully indemnify the IMO and ISWAN in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing.
4.3 You confirm that each person depicted in the Entry has granted permission to be portrayed as shown.
5.1 You, the photographer, will retain the rights of the photograph. However, by entering the competition, you grant the IMO and ISWAN a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible.
5.2 All entrants understand that any image submitted to the competition may be used by the IMO and/or ISWAN, for promotional purposes of You and the author and the event only, for an unlimited period of time. You hereby grant the IMO and ISWAN a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each Entry throughout the world in all media for any use connected to the promotion of You the author and Day of the Seafarer event and/or competition, including, but not limited to:
(a) Judging the Competition
(b) Displaying the winning entries and runners up at public exhibitions promoting the IMO and ISWAN and organised by the IMO.
(c) Inclusion within the Website, an IMO or ISWAN publication, magazine or similar.
(d) Inclusion within any materials promoting of the Competition and / or any exhibition organised by the IMO and ISWAN, in the promotion of IMO and/or ISWAN.
(e) Inclusion on Competition- and exhibition-related materials used by the IMO or ISWAN or any third party following the individual agreement by the author
(f) Sub-licencing the Entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the Competition and any exhibition
(g) allowing viewers of the Website to view images on a computer screen, PDA or mobile telephone and store such pages in electronic form on disk or on a PDA or mobile telephone (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for their personal, non-commercial use only. Please also refer to clause 9.
(h) Incorporation by the IMO or ISWAN for an unlimited period of time after the applicable award ceremony date. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You hereby acknowledge and agree if Your image is included in such IMO and/or ISWAN media. Your image will remain perpetually in the device royalty free.
5.3 All entrants understand that the image information, including image name and description, may be shared with Event partners and media as per clause 7.1, 7.2 and 8. For the avoidance of doubt the “image information” includes the title of the image and the name of the photography competition entrant.
- The IMO and ISWAN assume no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, and both the IMO and ISWAN assume no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the Competition. The IMO and ISWAN assume no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Entries. IMO and ISWAN are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail addressed to the IMO or ISWAN on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Your or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. If for any reason a contestant’s entry cannot be viewed or is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, the IMO and ISWAN assume no responsibility.
- In no event will the IMO or ISWAN be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any contestant’s access to and use of the Website. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.
- You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of Your name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
- All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image suitable for printing in media and an exhibition should the image be required.
- There are no cash alternatives available for prize winners.
- Winners will be announced online.
- Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of any of the privileges and immunities of the IMO or ISWAN in conformity with the Convention on the Privileges and Immunities of the Specialized Agencies approved by the General Assembly of the United Nations on November 21, 1947, which are specifically reserved.
- Any dispute or controversy arising out of, or relating to these Terms and Conditions shall be settled amicably. Any dispute or controversy which is not resolved amicably shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules then pertaining. The place of arbitration will be London, England.
International Maritime Organization, 4 Albert Embankment, Lambeth, London SE1 7SR
International Seafarers Welfare & Assistance Network, Suffolk House, George Street, Croydon, CR0 1PE.